Wednesday 22 October 2008

So this pain is getting worse.

11th September 2008

So this pain is definately getting far worse, alongside the agonising stomach cramps I'm getting severe lower backache. It has gotten to the point where I can neither stand or sit down when these pains attack. It is not something I can try and ignore.
I am also getting far more concerned about my fertility. My brother's son is due in 5 weeks, again I feel that emptiness in the pit of my stomach, that strong yearning for a child.
I am ashamed to admit that I purposefully forgot to get my contreceptive injection renewed and continued to have sex with my boyfriend. All in the hope that I might fall pregnant. After two months of continuous sex, nothing! So I went back onto the Pill.
I decided to make another appointment with my GP, see if he will do anything this time.

15th September 2008

So I went to see my GP. Again he expresses his concern about my problems. We end up spending about 15 minutes talking about my Cycle and all of my symptoms, exactly the same as before only worse. Now he is thinking that maybe it is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and decides that I need to have an internal examination, AGAIN! So I book myself in for an appointment with the female doctor. Not sure I really want him poking around down there again.

17th September 2008

I laid back on the bed and spread my legs for this female doctor, expecting the cold metal thingy they use for smears, but no, she decides it will be better to feel my insides for herself! Nice. She told me that she could not feel any large masses but that didn't mean there weren't smaller ones. She thought that maybe my pains were due to muscle spasms and prescribed me Buscopan, an antispasmodic. I think this is a load of bullshit myself. But I will take the tablets and see if they work.

19th September 2008

Back at the doctors again. I'm sure he is going to get fed up with me. But I just can't let this carry on any longer. He agrees to send me for another ultrasound scan. Hopefully they will find something. PCOS isn't that bad and the symptoms can be dealt with.

26th September 2008

I literally almost wet myself at the hospital today. What is it with them demanding you drink to pints of water an hour before. I have the tiniest bladder ever, and it's not clever to put a water despenser in the waiting lounge. I was walking around with my legs crossed, trying not to wet myself. Very embarrassing.
Any way, my ovaries were clear. Perfectly normal. So I went through all of that for nothing.

14th October 2008

Went to see my GP again. Thought I would try and get him to refer me to a gynaecologist. Turns out that my scan was not normal. (You would have thought that he would have rang me to ask me to come in? Not just wait til I did, hat would have happened if I didn't bother going back?)
Apparently the ultrasound technician noticed some abnormalities in the womb lining. Her suggestion was Adenomiosis.

1 comment:

Pamela T. said...

Dropping by to see how you're doing. Did you want me to share you blog link with the keeper of all infertility blogs? Want to be sure you're getting the support you want or need -- there are lots of younger women who are in a similar situation. Just drop me a note and let me know. Until then, wishing you all the best...